Safari improvement suggestion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fernando.kreutz, Oct 4, 2010.

1. fernando.kreutz macrumors member

fernando.kreutz

Hi all.

I've submitted this suggestion to MAC OS X team. Probably they'll not even look at it, but here it comes.

Like in the new iTunes, they removed the Title in the top of the window and moved the buttons to the side. In Safari, it give us around 2 lines of text.
    Since almost everyone use tab browsing, the Title in the top of the window is just useless, since it displays the same title on each tab.

I've made a Photoshoped prediction, here it is:

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Fernando :apple:

2. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

What about people who don't use tabs?
    What if you have many tabs open, and the titles are truncated so you can't read them?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that there are other considerations. It would work better as an option in the preferences IMO. "Classic" view for people who want the title bar, "sleek" view for you and me.

3. fernando.kreutz thread starter macrumors member

fernando.kreutz

Right. I personally have enabled the option to display the tabs even with only one page opened. I have to say, that i hardly have only one tab opened.

Having the option between the "views" is very good, but considering apple, they would not do it, take iTunes as reference. For me, even the buttons are useless, i dont use them, since i use Jitouch, i use mouse gestures to open, close and switch between tabs.

4. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

That's the problem. Everyone has their own way of keeping track of windows/tabs. When you assume everyone wants the same setup that works for you, you run the risk of alienating users. Just look at Ping.;)

Again, it's not a bad idea. They just need to keep it as open as possible. Options options options.