Safari in GM not as good as Beta

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Chazz08, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

At least it's not for me. The biggest thing that bugs me is that when I scroll, the screen will jump back up a little. I'll swipe it to scroll down, and as it slows down, it jumps back in the opposite direction. It's something small, but shows that it's not smooth and glitchy. It's somewhat annoying. I'm confident it will be fixed though.

(I did a clean install as well.)

2. andg macrumors newbie

I don't get why more people haven't noticed this problem. It's highly annoying.

I made a thread about this earlier:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1650841

Here's a video that shows the problem:

Notice how the page jumps back after scrolling downwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XghFRWGGBw0

It's really easy to reproduce, if you scroll downwards with an angle, then it will happen a lot. Seems very distracting compared to how scrolling worked in 10.8.

3. wankey macrumors 6502a

Probably a small bug. I find this thing a bit annoying as well

4. bwat47 macrumors regular

No problems scrolling in safari here, in fact its markedly improved over safari 6's scrolling for me, butter smooth :)

5. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

I'm having no scrolling (or other) issues in Safari in the GM, whereas I had strange sporadic lock-ups in the later DPs when one-finger-scrolling in Safari using the Magic Mouse.

6. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I was having problems with Safari as well, and I ended up reinstalling Mavericks.

It seems to have fixed all problems so far.

7. MeUnix macrumors 6502

My experience with Safari is opposite of the OP's. I had problems with Safari in the beta versions of Mavericks but when I upgraded to Mavericks, everything about Safari that was buggy wasn't. My scrolling works excellent in Safari; it is smooth and seamless on all the sites I frequent.

As the OP said, I am sure that the scrolling bugs some users are experiencing will be fixed.

- Kyle

8. andg macrumors newbie

This bug is still there in 13A603

9. pencilcheck macrumors member

Weird, I don't have this bug you experienced, perhaps resetting smooth scrolling in system preference and see if safari would also fix itself? Or try delete safari caches and settings and revert back to clean state and see if this problem persist

10. KillerTree macrumors regular

Safari navigational searches going with Google's "I'm feeling luck" search instead of a regular search is driving me CRAZY. There's no way to change it back either!

11. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

Very nice video. I noticed this problem since DP1 and hoped that it would be noticed and fixed before the public release. It is still there and VERY annoying. I noticed that if I move my fingers perfectly vertical, it doesn't appear. However, even a slight deviation from the vertical will produce this bug.

I just hope that Apple will fix this in future releases. :mad:

12. punisher1-1 macrumors member

I have noticed this as well and not only in safari but any app that you can vertically scroll. Very annoying.