Safari: Inhibit redirection to mobile version of websites?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chew, May 21, 2010.

1. Chew macrumors member

Hey folks,

I wondered if the automatic redirection of some websites to their mobile versions in Safari Mobile can inhibited somehow. Sometimes I don't like the mobile versions and would rather wish to surf the original websites.

Any advices?

2. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I'm not aware of any generic method of doing this, but I have found that a lot of sites only have the redirection on their initial page - so if you can bookmark any other non-mobile page on their site, and follow the links from there, you can get around the redirection.

3. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

I would just go ahead and download a 3rd party browser.

I've tried nearly all of the replacement web browsers available in the App store, and Perfect Browser and Atomic Web are among the best.

Both provide a "spoofing" feature, where you can have the browser identify itself as any desktop or mobile browser you choose, and avoid the mobile versions of pages whenever you like.

4. slomifier macrumors regular

Unless it's jailbroken, I don't think there is a way

If it is jailbroken, go into cydia/rock, and search for "UAFaker". Its a SBSettings plugin that prevents mobile site redirection by making the website think that your using a desktop