Safari iPad closing gesture bug?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chfilm, Sep 22, 2014.

1. chfilm, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Hi,

On my iPad air, when I'm in safari, and do the five finger close gesture, I just end up on the tab view. I'm unable to close the app. It works in any other app.

Anybody else having this issue?

/edit:
    The issue is also occurring in other apps

2. Kevitivity macrumors newbie

I've seen this bug too, although I'm not able to reproduce it consistently.

3. chfilm thread starter macrumors 65816

chfilm

It happens randomly. I then have to go to settings, turn gestures off/on and after that it works everywhere for a while...

4. chipmac64 macrumors newbie

I've also had this bug a handful of times but the biggest complaint I have is when I close a tab. Many times especially in discussion forums like this I'll keep the main forum in one tab and open links to threads in another tab, read that thread and close the tab. In the past this was never an issue and I've been doing it for years so it's like motor memory now. With this update to Safari when I close the tab for the thread and the main forum tab is reactivated it's completely blank and I'm forced to reload the page. I might as well just click the link and when I'm done reading hit the back button if it is going to reload the page every time.

This is on a 3rd gen iPad so I thought maybe I was dealing with lag but it never shows the original tab unless I reload it.

I also do not like the shrinking of the address bar and favorites and wish that it was an option to turn on or off.

5. Kevitivity macrumors newbie

Safari iOS 8 definitely needs some more polish.