Safari iPad - stop Google returning mobile format?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OSMac, Nov 9, 2015.

1. OSMac macrumors 65816

Google is now returning search results in a mobile format. Does not allow zooming , does not use the full width of the iPad.

Is it possible to go back to the non mobile results page?

2. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Yeah, the three dot settings access then 'request desktop site'.

3. jlynchtx macrumors newbie

This has been driving me crazy as well. I know how to request a desktop site, but I wished there was a way to make that the default setting for Safari. I don't want to have to request the desktop site each time. Especially on the upcoming iPad Pro, I don't think many people would want to use the mobile version of a site. Seems like you should be able to set the default for desktop and then change it to mobile version if you prefer.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

5. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Try using Chrome or if you love in Canada and new Zealand fire fox? There is also a worm around and I like it.

6. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Switching to another default provider in settings looks like the best solution.

Yahoo! looks good - allows zooming, and returns sports scores and schedules with team name search, returns pictures and videos.

Switching may also be the best way to get Google to change back.

7. Billy95Tech Suspended

Why don't you use Google Chrome as you can request desktop site and it works and Chorme is way better then Safari.

I don't think you can't request desktop site on Safari unfortunately for the ipad!!

8. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Google is now a dread to use on my iPad.

Some of my Google issues are:

• My settings do not get saved. When I clear the History, everything gets reset. Before, this would only happen when I would "clear the history & website data" via the iOS's Safari settings.
    • My Searches are now being saved, and I cannot find the setting to turn it off. If I have to be logged in to change it, I'm done with Google.
    • Image Search is terrible. They took away several "more tools", as well as removing the options to "view image" and "search by image"

The list goes on and on. I'll be looking for an alternative very soon.