jack92029

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I'm using safari on an ipad air and it is crashing.

The screen takes me out of safari to my home page. I click safari and I'm returned to the tabs I had opened before.

Anyone else experience this strange behavior on iOS 7?

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
I'm using safari on an ipad air and it is crashing.

The screen takes me out of safari to my home page. I click safari and I'm returned to the tabs I had opened before.

Anyone else experience this strange behavior on iOS 7?

Safari crashes a lot when I go to XDA developer forums and with heavy media contents...

Computer is still the best way to browse website in my opinion

Vidikron

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2011
Mine crashes all the time. It would crash occasionally on my 3rd gen iPad running iOS6 and I had hoped the issue would go away with my new Air. But, no, it is far worse. Now it crashes 4 or 5 times per day. Seems like Safari went downhill big time in iOS7.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
Mine crashes all the time. It would crash occasionally on my 3rd gen iPad running iOS6 and I had hoped the issue would go away with my new Air. But, no, it is far worse. Now it crashes 4 or 5 times per day. Seems like Safari went downhill big time in iOS7.

Safari runs pretty well on iPad mini and iPad 3, except it crashes when I go to XDA developer form to check out some new ROMs for my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. Beside that, Safaris runs fine for me most of time.

That being said, I am using Chrome more often, because Chrome's multi-platform support

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I don't know about iPad Air, but I'm using Safari with both iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and it works just fine.

Vidikron

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2011
Safari runs pretty well on iPad mini and iPad 3, except it crashes when I go to XDA developer form to check out some new ROMs for my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. Beside that, Safaris runs fine for me most of time.

That being said, I am using Chrome more often, because Chrome's multi-platform support

I spend a lot of time on tech and gaming related websites which are generally rich in pictures and embedded videos. It is usually those sites that crash. However, the exact same sites crashed much less often on my old iPad 3. I left my iPad 3 on iOS 6 so the jump to the Air was both a change in hardware and OS for versions for me. Not sure what the culprit is, but Safari is distinctly worse on the Air.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
I spend a lot of time on tech and gaming related websites which are generally rich in pictures and embedded videos. It is usually those sites that crash. However, the exact same sites crashed much less often on my old iPad 3. I left my iPad 3 on iOS 6 so the jump to the Air was both a change in hardware and OS for versions for me. Not sure what the culprit is, but Safari is distinctly worse on the Air.

Maybe A7 is 64-bit processor? Somehow some website does not work well with A7?

Give Chrome a try. See if Chrome crashes as well...

mrdm

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
Same here - safari crashes 4 or 5 times a day with my new iPad air. I have the ipad set to send diagnostics to apple automatically and I hope enough others do so as well so that apple will recognize and fix the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.