Safari is driving me insanse!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mark88, May 24, 2007.

1. mark88 macrumors 6502a

I've had this issue with Safari/Web Kit now for far too long, on every mac I own I have the same issue.

The problem is every so often safari seems to lose it's connection. Clicking a link or visiting a URL causes it and all the windows in Safari will be affected. If I wait like 1-2 minutes the net will come back to life again.

Whilst this is happening I can get email in mail.app and browse PERFECTLY in other browser.

Why does Safari keep doing this? there must be something. I've tried the latest builds of webkit and they have the same problem

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is insanity really that bad?...

Is this always on the same sites? Have you tried resetting Safari? Do you close these apps often, because I find Safari bogs down if not closed and reopened each day.

3. mark88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not the same sites no.

The memory issue which you mention is a seperate issue. Known memory leak. Doesn't seem to bother me now I have 2GB ramm.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Fair point, although a memory leak will eventually affect you, no matter how much RAM you have. Nevertheless, does this happen on all networks? If not, then could it be a DNS Server issue... I realise only Safari is effected, but it still might be worthwhile checking with your ISP as to their preferred DNS Server...

Also, it's pretty obvious but do you have any plugins or add ons installed for either of these apps?

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The legal prescription drugs you can get when you are insane sure beat the over the counter variety. ;)

6. G-Force macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem. No problems with Camino. Does someone know what this could be? It's really annoying. I alreaded reset Safari and deleted cache files.

7. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i must admit, safari is being a pain for me too at the mo (though i do have inquisitor and piclens :rolleyes: lol, but i really dont think they are the reason

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i had this issue too, which is why i only use Camino now. :p afaik, there really is no way around it and its either a bug or some issue with webkit that hasn't been able to be resolved. and yes it is highly annoying.

9. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

10. G-Force macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I use Camino now too. But personally I like Safari better. Let's see what 10.4.10 of Leopard will fix.

11. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

I find that Safari either behaves funny or is incompatible with a lot of websites.

I downloaded Firefox couple months back and haven't used Safari since. Firefox is a great browser and has some nice features lacking in Safari.

12. G-Force macrumors 6502a

I also tried the latest nightly WebKit build, but within 5 minutes of usage the problem occured again.