Safari is making funny artifacts..

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Ploki, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Ploki macrumors 68020

my setup is listed in the sig (MP 08 10.5.6)

i cant make a screen shot, it just "cuts" and "places" random pieces of screen.
    ill try to take it
    is my graphic card dying?! after 1 year?! :(

edit: added attachments.
    edit2: fixing attachments.
    edit3: added attachments.

Attached Files:

2. TrapOx macrumors 6502

Humm, the second bookmark link is blurred out too. Is that part of the problem or did you not want everyone to know your favorite prono site?

3. Wormy23 macrumors member

4. Ploki thread starter macrumors 68020

thanks.
    its wierd tho, i have been using 10.5.6 for about 2 months now and it hasnt happened until now. :S

5. Ploki thread starter macrumors 68020

if anyone has the same issue,
    ive reset PRAM and.. so far so good.
    edit:scratch that it doesnt work

6. Ploki thread starter macrumors 68020

7. gelid macrumors member

Sounds like your video card is either overheating or starting to fail. If there is a lot of dust buildup on it, it may just need to be cleaned off to keep the temps cool. If you are comfortable doing so, you can try to clean it yourself. If it is under warranty, I would get it repaired/replaced. If you have an Apple store near you, you may want to take it in.

8. Ploki thread starter macrumors 68020

it wasnt bought through an apple store, i bought it through another retailer because apple store didnt have them yet.. they dont have any macpros anyway, and there are 2 apple stores in the whole damn country.
    or should i say iPod stores... nevermind.

i cleaned it myself already, i dont think its overheating, fan is doing alright (i turned it on while it was open) and iStat's bigest temp is 51 celsius which is the memory A module
    lowest is ambient 18 celsius, and majority of others is barely over 30..

gah :( looks like ill have to take it to the retailer, i hope i still have it under warranty

that and i should say i havent got any problems under bootcamp :S though i dont use it much at all. ;)
    i hope 10.5.7 is going to get released soon so i can check if its really that driver problem...
    i dont want to say anything, but the geforce FX in my old PC has been working for the past ...6 years and its on 24/7 :S