Safari is no longer crashing yea!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmoran27, Feb 2, 2009.

1. mmoran27 macrumors 6502

After 2.2.1. Safari is no longer crashing for me. I have used this release since it came out.

If used to crash every once in a while. It has been completely stable for me. It has not crashed once.

Please post your experience.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Nope, nothing here.
    I think I only saw a couple crashes on 2.2.
    Now 2.1... damn that was a mess.
    I couldn't open up 5 pages without getting a lag.

3. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I went from crashing 5-10 times a day to only 2 or 3 times since the update, and one of the times it crashed was because I was in the middle of switching tabs or something fancy when I got a phone call and it bugged out.

I can't believe the crap we put up with in 1.0. Safari used to crash 20-30 times a day for me.

However, I did have an odd keyboard issue with 2.2.1. In Safari typing into a text box, the floating characters that pop up when you type were coming up sideways where they would be located if the iPhone was being help horizontally. It was pretty weird. I think I might start a post about it with some screenshots I have.

Also, I used the "Text Message" button in the contacts app, which I hardly actually use, to text my fiance and it somehow deleted her entire conversation history, which majorly blows.

4. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

the only time i ever saw crashes on 2.1 was if i was running the max amount of tabs which i think was 7?