Safari is so slooow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by t4ggs, Sep 4, 2010.

1. t4ggs macrumors member

Hi, I'm having this problem, since I installed extensions in safari it's running extremely slow, I only have official extensions from the Safari Extension Gallery, so I don't know whats the problem, I've tried reseting safari but didn't helped, only uninstalling extensions helps, the thing is I need them; it's strange cause I only have 6 extensions.

Safari has been slow specifically in opening tabs and switching between them (only with 3 or 4 tabs it hangs)

If anyone knows how to fix it, I'll appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. LPZ macrumors 65816

Try disabling extensions in some systematic way (maybe one at a time) and see if you can determine which extension(s) is(are) causing the problem.

3. t4ggs thread starter macrumors member

Did that already
    found that there is specifically one extension that alone slows down safari a lot, AdBlock, but even without that extension, there is not a specific extension that makes it slow, I've tried every combination the problem seems to been having more than 4 extension.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Huh?
    What else have you tried? It does no good for others to suggest things and then have you post back saying you already tried that and still have a problem.

5. t4ggs thread starter macrumors member

I already tried uninstalling extensions, but the problem is not a specific extension but the quantity.

6. SannyD macrumors newbie

i had the same problem and i only had 4 extensions going as i hadnt gotten into them yet and jus with a few things enabled i was experiencing the slowness. i was at a workshop and safari was acting up so the tech disabled all extenstions (switching them all off) and it helped big time. now i just use maybe 2 as i dont think safari can handle many extentions like that.
    i think its a bug

7. sup3r1or macrumors regular

Seems like it, you see thats so stupid I had Chrome and FireFox on windows running with like 10 extensions each and no problems hope they will patch that soon.

8. SupremeTeam macrumors newbie

SupremeTeam

thats y i use Firefox, best browser hands down!

9. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

I have discovered that reducing the number of TopSites thumbnails from Medium to Large, eases the load of Safari 5. Anyway, Chrome 5 and 6 now is more faster than Safari. I just wish the Chrome 1Password Extension include the same features as in Safari or Firefox.

10. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I would argue about that, it might be on windows but not on OSX. Why? It crashed on me often, also sometimes it stops responding and I had to force quit it many times. I start using it and after about 4 minutes it becomes slower and slower till it completely stops responding. Darn shame