Safari is Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by surfer99, Mar 24, 2009.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Out of no where whenver I click to open Safari it will open but all I get is a white webpage and a spinning beachball. Cannot do anything inside the application. Not sure if it matters or not but I WAS running the Safari beta when this issue occured. I attempted to re-download the program using firefox(thank god I had that download because I would have no access to the internet without it) off of apple.com and it didnt help at all. Any advice?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Quit Safari, then go into ~/Library and drag the Safari folder to your desktop. Rename it to Safari Library. Go to the Preferences folder and drag com.apple.safari.plist to the desktop as well. Finally, back in ~/Library, open Application Support and drag the Safari folder from there to your desktop as well.

(~ is shorthand for your user home folder.)

3. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Weird thing is when I go into my library I dont even have a safari folder! what should I do now?

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Then don't move that one. ;) I think Apple moved the folder with a Safari update, so the old one is just in there for backwards compatibility purposes.