Safari issue on rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KansasJayhawk, Oct 1, 2012.

1. KansasJayhawk macrumors newbie

Long time reader, first time poster.

I received my rMBP about 3-4 weeks ago after having an issue with my older MacBook Pro's (The one right before the unibody generation) graphics card. Let's just say, there's no comparison between the two. Anyway, ever since updating to 10.8.2 I have been experiencing issues on safari where images don't load, typing lags/deletes itself, and safari itself just lags with loading/scrolling. Is this common issue, or am I dealing with a graphics card issue again?

Please note that I have yet to see anything like this with any other application such as Pages, Calendar, or iTunes. (My 3 most used apps).

Thanks in advance.

2. jk73 macrumors 6502

As I mentioned in many other threads, I had a lot of problems with Safari lagging when I was running 10.8.1 on my rMBP, but 10.8.2. seemed to solve that problem.

Of course, I've also been using a wired internet connection since a few days after 10.8.2 was released, so that might also have helped solve the problem — i.e., maybe the problem really was with WiFi and not with Safari.

I still have the text problem you mentioned, but only very rarely. All in all, very happy with 10.8.2 and my rMBP.

3. KansasJayhawk thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm happy with the update as well, I just want to find out if I'm the only one with this problem or is it happening to numerous people.

Another thing that occasionally occurs is my pointer will sometimes disappear from my screen for no reason and it doesn't come back until I go back and forth on the track pad 3-5 times.

4. Arias21 macrumors newbie

I've been having the same issue as you in Safari. Exactly how you explained it with a section of the screen not showing the graphics or even text, lag, deletion of words typed.
    I've had 10.8.2 since it came live, but these issues didn't start until a couple days ago.

It's never consistent and I've tried to get it to happen so I can take screenshots.

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

You could try another browser and see if the problem persists, but my guess is that it is Safari. As for the pointer issue, I get that as well, in both Safari and Firefox. It seems mainly to occur when I'm watching videos (e.g. Hulu) so it may be related to Flash, but it doesn't happen consistently enough to say for sure.

6. KansasJayhawk thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, as long as I'm not the only one I don't feel as worried. Guess I'll just have to wait for Safari and Flash updates. Beats having Apple take a look at my Mac.

7. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I have a similar issue which does not occur in Chrome. But I hate the way Chrome renders text on the rMBP... it looks kinda blurry. So I just have to deal with occasional Safari glitches. :rolleyes: