Safari Issue?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ellen, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Ellen macrumors regular

I realize this could be an issue relating to my ISP, but since it is not occurring with my Dell laptop on the same home network, I wonder if it could be related to Safari or Leopard.

Speedtests show that my broadband speed is frequently near the cap - 10000 - but when pages load, it sometimes takes a while. In the address bar, I see the page start to load, then it stalls, then after a few seconds it loads. This happens virtually every time I try to navigate to or within a site. If anyone has any suggestions or knows what is causing this, I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

2. Ellen thread starter macrumors regular

Hi Everyone - I am still having this issue, and if anything it is getting worse, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Even though speedtests show a high speed, individual pages load slowly, with fits and starts. Typically about 1/3 of the address bar will turn blue, then the page will stall for about 2 or 3 seconds, then the next 1/3 will turn blue etc. With my Windows laptop on the same network, I don't have this problem. I'm using a Netgear Router with an iMac that's about 2 months old.

Thanks!

3. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Hi Ellen.

This could be because Safari loads the page before displaying it. I believe there's a way to change this behaviour... I'll have a dig around for you.