Safari issues with YouTube

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by macosxuser01, Oct 23, 2013.

1. macosxuser01 macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

So I've been having an issue with YouTube on Safari. When I finish watching the video, I search for another video and in the search results it keeps playing the video I just watch but just the audio it's weird.
    For example I watch a video on the NBA youtube channel of a highlight of Derrick Rose. After finishing the video, I type in the search bar "Derrick Rose crossover". It then shows the results of the search but however, it replays the video I just watch but I'm not actually watching the video just hearing the audio and I have not click on anything.
    Anybody experiencing this problem. It was happening before I updated Safari & 10.9 so I'm confuse that this problem has not been fixed

2. josh.b macrumors regular

I had this happen to me once two days ago but never since. I was assuming it was click to flash plugin. Are you using that?

3. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Watch video

Here's the problem I'm experiencing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbK-1VIWd9Q

----------

I don't know. Flash is updated on my computer so how can i find out if i'm using a click to flash plugin?

4. josh.b macrumors regular

I watched the video, definitely strange. Only thing you can do is start testing switching things off one at a time to find the culprit. Turn your extensions off and try the video again to see if it is extensions or not. If it still happens with extensions off, try reset safari using the safari drop down menu. If it still acts up, hopefully someone else is here with more answers by then :p

5. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

I turn extensions off...still nothing. Hmmmm, weird.

6. josh.b macrumors regular

that rules out extensions. hmm it has to be flash player. Can I ask, did you do a clean install or upgrade? Try remove flash and reinstall it. I can't think of anything else sorry

7. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

Yeah did that no luck but thanks for help

8. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

9. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

I have the same issue. Tried turning off extensions as well and no dice. Hope to get a solution soon.

10. macosxuser01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macosxuser01

I wonder if it could be due to Malware with flash. I thought I read something about that on MacRumors