Safari issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by one1, Mar 4, 2011.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

When I try to load a page with many images the page just loads completely blank. I have tested the same url with Safari for windows running parallels and it loads fine, just not on OS X.

Aluminium iMac 4gb ram
    Safari 5.0.3

The activity window says internal server error, but that is ludicrous as it loads on the windows version of Safari. The url bar goes to finished very quickly trying to load the page so it makes sense the page was rejected somehow, but why only on pages with many pics and why does it work on the windows Safari and not OS X?

One of several URL's with lot of images I am having issues loading is: http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/154-show-us-your-x5.html

I can load it on anything EXCEPT Safari for OS X. As I only use Safari, this is problematic and would like to solve it. Experience with this specific error would help greatly :)

2. pctomac2011 macrumors member

Stop using Safari?

It has always been noticeably slower than Firefox, Chrome, or IE. Various factors are involved here, but my recommendation would be to use another web browser.

The latest version of Firefox (4.0b12) - Beta, or 3.6 are miles ahead of Safari.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

4. mmduluth macrumors regular

I don't think switching browsers should be required just to view pics on a webpage. I have this problem rarely but when it happens I just cmd-Q to quit safari and start it again and it works fine. It only does it when safari has been running for a really long time.

5. csucollegian macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and sometimes Safari won't scroll all the way down unless I have to close and reload the whole browser.

6. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've only had the issue as of the last couple months that I know of. Earlier suggestions in the thread were obviously the first things I tried long ago and are not part of the real issue unfortunately. I initially thought Safari was capping the image memory limit the same way IOS does on my iPad and iPhone, but the activity window suggests an instant server rejection trying to load the images. Where IOS will load blank X's and let the page load, the progress bar on Safari on my iMac zero's nearly immediately without trying to load the page with server error in the activity window. No other browser including Safari for windows does this.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

No, they aren't. If you don't indicate what you've tried, how is it obvious? Your post has to tell the rest of us how much you know. If it doesn't, we can assume you're 12 years old and this is your first computer, or that you're a power user with decades of experience, or anywhere in between. In any case, the assumption is worthless.

8. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

If you have nothing of value to add, take a walk.

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you don't want to accept good advice, then why do you ask?

10. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

/ignore.

I have news. I did a portion and installed snow leo with full updates and got the same results so it is fortunately not an "issue" that has came from any add ons or otherwise.