Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

planetgirth

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
I have noticed that when I open mobile websites in Safari I cannot click on any links until I move the page first. I can press and press on a link and nothing. If I move the page up or down first with my thumb, I can then click on links.

Are anyone else having issues like this? Sorry if already been talked about. I had not seen any posts about this.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I have had a similar issue... often times I have to reload the page to be able to click on anything.

using iPhone 6 plus on 8.0.2

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
It's very slow to load pages on iphone and imac. Copy/Paste issue too. But, I think that is iOS8, as it is iffy on Mercury too.

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
I noticed on my 6+ and iPad 4 that Safari since 8.2 slowed down to the point of becoming unusable.

After playing with it, the culprit seems to be iCloud. When I turned off the safari tab in iCloud, Safari went back to being fast and normal. Syncing Safari in iCloud seems to be the issue, or a bug, I'm thinking.

What cured it for me was making a blank "favorites" tab and in safari settings, having the favorites go to that blank page, so no tabs or favorite websites appear on the default home page of Safari. Safari then worked as normal and your bookmarks and reading list favorites opened like normal.

I hope that made sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.