Safari Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by planetgirth, Sep 29, 2014.

1. planetgirth macrumors member

I have noticed that when I open mobile websites in Safari I cannot click on any links until I move the page first. I can press and press on a link and nothing. If I move the page up or down first with my thumb, I can then click on links.

Are anyone else having issues like this? Sorry if already been talked about. I had not seen any posts about this.

2. planetgirth thread starter macrumors member

I guess no one else is having problems like this?

3. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

What phone do you have? I've noticed similar problem as well. Safari has so many problems right now.

4. Bbafett macrumors regular

I have seen this on my ipad mini 1st gen not so much iphone 6. Both on 8.0.2 Annoying.

5. blwade macrumors 6502

I have had a similar issue... often times I have to reload the page to be able to click on anything.

using iPhone 6 plus on 8.0.2

6. chris566 macrumors regular

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

It's very slow to load pages on iphone and imac. Copy/Paste issue too. But, I think that is iOS8, as it is iffy on Mercury too.

8. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

9. dantracht macrumors regular

dantracht

I noticed on my 6+ and iPad 4 that Safari since 8.2 slowed down to the point of becoming unusable.

After playing with it, the culprit seems to be iCloud. When I turned off the safari tab in iCloud, Safari went back to being fast and normal. Syncing Safari in iCloud seems to be the issue, or a bug, I'm thinking.

What cured it for me was making a blank "favorites" tab and in safari settings, having the favorites go to that blank page, so no tabs or favorite websites appear on the default home page of Safari. Safari then worked as normal and your bookmarks and reading list favorites opened like normal.

I hope that made sense.