Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bob Jovi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
London
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread for it (I did look!)
i opened safari yesterday and the icon bounces but there is no way of opening a window! and when I re-download safari i'm told that my HD does not support it.
anyone know how I can resolve this?

thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What have you recently installed or changed in your system? Have you tried dragging the file com.apple.Safari.plist to the Desktop and reopening? It's in the Preferences folder and Spotlight will find it (assuming you have Tiger). :)

Bob Jovi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
London
I recently did a software update of office, that is the only thing that could have effected it.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
The preference file (.plist) was likely corrupted in some way that prevented safari from completely reading it and loading. OS X apps automatically build a new .plist if they don't find one, so you just set yourself back to defaults.

A surprising number of application problems in OS X can be fixed by just doing this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.