Safari Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by surfer99, Mar 24, 2009.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

For some reason out of no where Safari opens but is completely unresponsive and all I get is a spinning beach ball. Luckily I have firefox, but after using safari for so long I really miss it. So my question is how can I get it working again? If I just go into my app folder and pull it into my trashcan will that delete it? Because I have tried that then redownloaded it from the apple website and still nothing. Any advice?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. MTI macrumors 65816

4. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have restarted a couple times and I am (or was) running the beta. I have been running the beta for probably a few weeks now with no issues.

5. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

itz the beta, same thing happened to me and i had to build a browser through xcode to get back online, this has occured to countless of ppl

6. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

yea its been happening to me to im on beta i like it but the beach ball thing everyonce in a while sucks... is there a way to remedy this? or should i just install the old safari can i even do that?

7. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

So what do I do know? I really liked the new sarfari beta but will def be more than happy to go back to the old safari, especially after using firefox for a few days. If I download the old safari will it work? and what would I have done if I didnt have firefox (I would of had no way of getting online)?

8. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Another question; how do I download safari 3? When I go to apple and click on safari 3 (def not the new safari beta) it still brings me to the new safari beta download.

9. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am trying to uninstall the Safari Beta and re install Safari 3 but it wont let me. It says that there is already a version of safari installed despite dragging and dropping safari beta into the trash, emptying the trash, and restarting computer. Any advice?

10. Jisuo macrumors 6502

Use uninstaller in the Safari 4 beta dmg file.

11. HydroMan macrumors 6502

HydroMan

In the Beta download I'm sure there is an uninstall program included. Correct me if I'm wrong.

12. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Was able to uninstall safari beta and reload safari 3 but now I am getting same issue (unresponsive) as the beta. What else can I do? I really want to get back to using safari. Help

13. sw0160 macrumors newbie

Well if you want it that bad then restoring always works