Safari Javascript Error

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by iMasterWeb, Aug 11, 2009.

  1. iMasterWeb macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2009
    #1
    Hi, so on my Tumblr blog ( http://imaster.tumblr.com ) I have a search that I am using custom images for. The problem is that sometimes the images load and others they don't. I'm assuming that this is because of the following error from Safari:
    Code:
    Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://imaster.tumblr.com/ from frame with URL http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/iframe?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimaster.tumblr.com%2F. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
    For some pics of what I'm talking about...look at these: [​IMG] [​IMG]

    Thanks for any help!
     
  2. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Location:
    Brisbane, Australia
    #2
    I went to the url where your pointing your image for your search button, but there was no image there. Are you sure this is the right location? And that the image file extension is correct, and matching the image itself?

    Edit: Ok, see that you have fixed that.

    Interesting problem. If you load the page, and the image does not come up, refresh the page straight away, and the image does come up. Refresh again, and it disappears. Repeat ad infitium.
     
  3. iMasterWeb thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2009
    #3
  4. iMasterWeb thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2009
    #4
    I wish that worked for me! For me once it doesn't show up, unless I leave the page all together, it won't show up again!

    EDIT: it also seems to work if I pull up the images in different tabs and then refresh the page.

    EDIT 2: nevermind, that was just a coincedence! there has to be fix for this!!
     
  5. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Location:
    Brisbane, Australia
    #5
    ok, lets try it a different way.
    Your CSS, change to:
    Code:
            #submitBtn {
     vertical-align: top;
    background:url('http://imasterweb.net/searchbtn.gif');
    }
    
    and your input box, change to:

    Code:
       <input type="submit" value="" id="submitBtn" />
    
     
  6. iMasterWeb thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2009
    #6
    Nope, still not constant results. I have found a way around it though by formatting the input rather than using custom images. I hope there is a solution, however, as I'm sure others are having this problem as well.
     
  7. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Location:
    Brisbane, Australia
    #7
    Aye, it does seem to be an odd problem. I was going to recommend just using plain styling if the above didnt work. Maybe some kind of safe gaurd that tumblr use when referencing external domains or something.
     

Share This Page