Safari Keep Losing My Cookies

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benjamindaines, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

It seems that when I log out (maybe not, could be totally random) I lose all my Safari cookies. This is starting to get on my nerves, and seems to have started after installing 10.5.1. Has anybody else experienced this and have a fix?

--Thanks.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Are you sure you haven't urned off cookies in Safari's preferences?

Have you tried to move the Safari plist file to the desktop?

Repaired permissions?

Get down on your knees, face Cupertino and pray?

That's all I got.

3. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I second rdowns' advice and hope you find a cure soon--this sounds like a messy problem (tossing cookies--sorry, I couldn't help it!)

4. physicistjedi macrumors newbie

Mac OS X 10.5.2, Safari 3.1 beta and the problem is still here. It is driving me crazy. I'm bugging Apple everyday. You can do the same.
    pj

5. physicistjedi macrumors newbie

Mac OS X 10.5.5, Safari 3.1.2
    and still no luck with the cookies. I even downloaded one of the early Safari 4 betas and it didn't fix.
    It is so obvious on my computers that I can not understand why people do not scream about it. Just today, cookies are reset three times!!!

6. cleung macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem but this only surfaced in the last two days. I have no idea what happened. My Safari used to have cookies settings at accept "only from sites you navigate to" but it was changed to "always". I changed it back to "only from site you navigate to" just minutes ago but it is still having the same problem. Every time I quit safari, it loses my settings, such as logins for certain websites, but the cookies are still on the list... Help!