Safari keeps crashing after last update - any help?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by LosLoco, May 12, 2015.

1. LosLoco macrumors member

So, as the title suggests, my Safari keeps crashing all the time, like literally every 4 or 5 minutes, and this startede happening after the last Yosemite-update... Weather or not the two things are connected, well, I can't tell for sure..

Either way, it's driving me insane, so I was hoping, that maybe someone in here could help finding out what's going wrong?

I have the latest crashlog here:

Link to my crashlog, shared via Dropbox

Any help would be deeply appreciated! :)

2. Sharmanshik macrumors newbie

Had the same problem, not only with safari but randomly with other applications, yosee 10.10.3 on mbp late 2013. Fixed by reinstalling latest (the same OS X 10.10.3) from recovery over existing installation WITHOUT reformatting. Earlier I installed some updates from beta seed, seems this issue is related.

3. troubleonline macrumors 6502a

troubleonline

I am having this issue with my new retina macbook which I've only had just over a week. So I'll try a clean install on OS X - is it quite simple to do this? I found these instructions
    http://macpaw.com/how-to/how-to-clean-install-os-x-yosemite

Am still running as it came and have only really been web browsing on safari so far. (I'd prefer not to use another browser). Oh I did install MS Office 365 and I have created a couple of very small MS Office documents. So at least I wont need to back up anything since I didn't get round to transferring any files over from old MB (delibrately not doing back up of old MB as want to have good clear out and reorganisation)..