Safari keeps crashing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kuau, Nov 8, 2013.

1. kuau macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the upcoming 7.0.4 of IOS will fix this very annoying issue.
    I just got my iPad air and Safari crashes at least 10 times a day.
    I think this is the first IOS upgrade that actually broke the most basic function of the iPad web surfing. Never had an issue with IOS 6 and my now sold iPad 4

2. C DM, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

C DM macrumors Westmere

Is it on particular sites? Or with having a lot of tabs open? Are you using it in private mode usually or often (when this happens)?

Have you tried simply restarting the phone? Or even resetting your settings (if not even just reinstalling)?

3. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i had this issue a few weeks ago, on iPhone 5 safari would crash constantly. not sure why it doesn't happen anymore.

4. kuau thread starter macrumors newbie

I am on a new iPad Air. Yes only on some sites. Never had an issue with iPad 4 and IOS 6

5. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

6. Fantasigraphic macrumors 65816

Hard reset? (Hold power + Home buttons til iPad reboots ~ Apple logo release)

7. ProudLoz macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 5s and it too has been crashing on me a lot lately. I have maybe, 8-10 tabs open and it's various sites I visit. This is whether private mode is activated or not. I've done a restart on the phone for now, hoping that solves the issue.

8. LV426 macrumors 6502a

There's a good chance that you are using sites that provoke JavaScript memory leaks.

Safari in iOS7 does appear to be less forgiving in this respect. If you can determine whether affected sites (see article) are being naughty memory leakers in other browsers, that would be useful to know.

9. foobi macrumors regular

Safari crashing many times per day for me. iPhone 5 with iOS 7.

Its crash when i have a few tabs open but can also crash when i dont have any tab open and trying to type in a adress.

10. maribela21 macrumors newbie

Mine has been crashing and unable to open at all since 1st IOS 7 update...already did the hard reset an d even restore to manufacture. Same thing....very annoying....IPAD 2:confused:

11. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

My Air hasn't crashed in over a week. No Safari crashes, no Mail crashes, no Reminder crashes. Can't explain why. I use it the same. And I'm getting 16-18 hours per charge. (I keep my screen brightness fairly low.)

12. foobi macrumors regular

Call Apple Support. :) They will do some tests and fix it for you maybe.

13. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Is there anything that can be done to help stop these crashes in safari?

I am having regular crashes on my iPhone 5s, several times a day and various web sites i regularly visit.

It happens frequently on my iPad air too. Both were initially set up as new devices. I haven't updated either to 7.0.4 yet.

14. jdag macrumors 6502a

Not sure if this was just a coincidence or not, and not sure if already suggested in this thread...

I cleared all History and Cookies/Data last night and there is a significant improvement in Safari performance. And I haven't had a Safari crash since.

15. bp1000 macrumors 65816

thanks i will try this