Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Hi,

I have a 2013 MBA 13" with 8GB RAM and the base i5. Recently Safari has started freezing on me when I have a few tabs open.

Just a while ago I had the Apple Store website open with an iPad order page and another tab with Microsoft's store open with the Surface page open (I was comparing costs). When I clicked on Surface RT at the top Safari froze with beachballing and when I tapped the full screen icon it went into full screen but the pages themselves were frozen. Safari was not responding to my CMD+T command even though clicking on the new tab icon opened a new unresponsive tab. I opened up activity monitor and it showed that the process Safari Web Content was taking up around 77% CPU and the amount of real memory it was using kept going up by about 30-50MB every time the thing refreshes (every couple of seconds or so).

I have one tab open here on Macrumors right now and its working fine. Earlier I had a bunch of tech websites open like I usually do and when one of the tabs froze the rest of them went weird too and I right clicked and clicked reload all tabs and it gave me some option where I had to force reload all tabs. Seemed fine then for a while. Is it some plug in crashing or what?

FreeWoRLD83

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
I am having similar issue. Do you have adblock plugin? I had two plugins; adblock and clicktoflash. I removed clicktoflash thinking it was the issue but it seems I still have the issue. I didnt remove adblock and try yet but I am thinking if adblock is the cause. (2013 macbook air 4gb i5)

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I am having similar issue. Do you have adblock plugin? I had two plugins; adblock and clicktoflash. I removed clicktoflash thinking it was the issue but it seems I still have the issue. I didnt remove adblock and try yet but I am thinking if adblock is the cause. (2013 macbook air 4gb i5)

I have just started getting this issue the past 2 days. Firefox works fine tho. It's starting to annoy me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.