Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I have the latest version of Safari (5.0.2) on Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

I'm also using 1Password (3.4.4). I'm encountering two issues:

1) Safari rarely autofills user/passwords when surfing. Autofill is checked off for "User names and passwords".
2) I keep getting prompted over and over again to save my login information in Safari. I continue to click "Yes" but neither Autofill remembers the information and I get prompted again the next time I log in.

What's going on and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

brijazz

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Sounds like you're trying to use Safari and 1Password together. My advice would be to pick one and stick with it. Personally, I use 1Password (with it's Safari extension enabled), and leave all of Safari's autofill options unchecked. As for your 2nd point, I'd bet that it's 1Password that's asking to save your login/password info, not Safari.

wesker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Sounds like you're trying to use Safari and 1Password together. My advice would be to pick one and stick with it. Personally, I use 1Password (with it's Safari extension enabled), and leave all of Safari's autofill options unchecked.

Thanks for that info. I'll try it. However, I have a Macbook with the same software and no issue.

As for your 2nd point, I'd bet that it's 1Password that's asking to save your login/password info, not Safari.

It's definitely Safari. 1Password uses a drop down dialogue that's like a bar while Safari uses a popup dialogue in a window box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.