Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
On my 16" M1 MacBook Pro the browser goes back a page on its own and when I go forward to bring back the page I was reading it does nothing, like it doesn't exist. Also it randomly reloads pages. This is very very annoying.

Reactions: planetf1

Zippy1

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2021
I'm having the same issue with Safari going back a page. Very annoying.

Also have a 16" M1 MacBook Pro.

Last edited:

carlob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
I'm having the same issue with Safari going back a page. Very annoying.

Also have a 16" M1 MacBook Pro.
I was able to track it down to tab groups, seems that it happens only in a tab group window.

Zippy1

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2021
I was able to track it down to tab groups, seems that it happens only in a tab group window.
Thanks. I’ll have to try that. That’s unfortunate since I use Tab Groups all the time and where I was seeing the issue was definitely in a Tab Group.

Update: After using Safari for an hour or so I would agree the fix is related to Tab Groups. When I use Safari without browsing a site in a Tab Group.....it is rock solid.

Last edited:

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
I just talked about how I never noticed any major issues in Safari in another thread, but I have the exact same problem too in Tab Groups. Not major of course, but I do hope it'll be fixed in an update soon. Using a 14" M1 Pro and a M1 Air, same on both machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.