Safari keeps saying "Flash out of Date", no problems on Chrome or Firefox

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Burnsey, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Anyone know why this is? On the same websites (i.e. youtube) and viewing the same content, I get an error in Safari telling my flash is out of date, while chrome and firefox load the content fine.

Is there a way around this without having to keep updating flash to satisfy just Safari? I prefer not to regularly download crap from Adobe on my computer.

Thanks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Apple is pretty "bullish" on keeping the newest flash version so you get any security improvements (based on the past history with Flash venerabilities)

3. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

And Chrome has Flash built-in and updated by Chrome's update process.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086?hl=en

Yes, just about anything from Adobe is bloat and malware vectors, but that's the price you pay if you want/need to use their stuff: constant updating to fend off latest attacks, rinse repeat.

4. luchid macrumors newbie

You are not updating Flash "just to satisfy Safari". You're doing so to prevent getting infected due to outdated software. You should really understand that distinction.

5. Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

Safari is looking after your interests, but you can always set it to update automatically if you're so bothered by it ...which I won't do because I don't want it running or connecting in the background.