Safari KeyChain Help

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2006
PA
i'm using airport to connect to my campus network but everytime i start my computer and load safari, i get a page that asks me to log-in to use the wireless internet. i tried putting a new internet keychain with the web address, username, and password using KeyChain but its not working. any help?

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2006
PA
gauchogolfer said:
Have you tried making a separate 'location' in the network preferences for this access point? That may help keep things organized.
where do i do that?

edit: i found it but that doesnt work. its a webpage that i need to type in a username and password, not internet settings.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
In System Prefs -> Network

From the pull-down menu choose 'New Location'. You'll notice I have several to keep all my different connections sorted.

Choose your newly-created location in the same pull-down menu, and configure the Airport and/or Ethernet settings to your liking. Once it's all set up, connect to the wi-fi network at your work. You'll need to enter all of the login information this first time. Afterwards, you can manage your locations by going into the Apple menu in the toolbar:

This is one of my favorite OS X features.

Even if you are entering a webpage portal, I think that this will help your keychain to be properly preserved. If not, let me know and I'll have a look more closely at keychain manager.

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2006
PA
gauchogolfer said:
In System Prefs -> Network

From the pull-down menu choose 'New Location'. You'll notice I have several to keep all my different connections sorted.

Choose your newly-created location in the same pull-down menu, and configure the Airport and/or Ethernet settings to your liking. Once it's all set up, connect to the wi-fi network at your work. You'll need to enter all of the login information this first time. Afterwards, you can manage your locations by going into the Apple menu in the toolbar:

This is one of my favorite OS X features.

Even if you are entering a webpage portal, I think that this will help your keychain to be properly preserved. If not, let me know and I'll have a look more closely at keychain manager.
ok thanks, ill try this again tomorrow. i also sometimes get an airport icon in the menu bar with a little square in it that looks like an old Mac. does that mean im out of range?