Safari Keychain won't save certain websites

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Cougarcat, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Cougarcat macrumors 604

So I've noticed some websites will not work with Safari Keychain because the website has requested that passwords not be saved. Is there any way around this? I was hoping iCloud Keychain would be a 1Password replacement for me, but this would be a dealbreaker.

2. leventozler macrumors 6502

Preferences > Passwords > Allow AutoFill even...

3. Cougarcat thread starter macrumors 604

Thanks. Tried this and appears it wants me to enable a Screen Lock, which I do not want. Any way around that?

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

You can't magically defy how security has been coded in Safari.

Perhaps a 3rd party app will suit you. (1Password).

5. Cougarcat, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

Cougarcat thread starter macrumors 604

Obviously not by magic, but I was wondering that there might be a terminal command to perhaps extend the length of time required to enter the password (to a million hours, haha.)

It seems kind of silly to me because the whole point of Keychains is to alleviate having to type passwords to begin with. I would prefer to be able to decide for myself how much security I need.

I want to move away from 1Password because Safari on iOS can't use it--you have to use the app.

Edit: Well, I think I fixed it. Typed in "defaults write com.Apple.screensaver askForPasswordDelay 99999999999999999999999" The system prefs changed it to "ask password immediately" but I did a quick test and it didn't ask for my password. MAGIC.