Safari (latest version) causes problems on some sites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MegaMan1311, Mar 5, 2008.

1. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

EDIT: Weird. I just quit Safari and started it back up and it seems to work. Ignore the stuff below this. Now I have another question, is it possible for Safari to not load things correctly because it has too many open tabs? The max I have open is about 10 or 15.

Hello.

I am a Safari user, and I have been having some problems with it lately.

When I go to gmail, I can only click any link on the page for a short amount of time until links become unclickable.

When I go to my server's plesk control panel and log in, it shows me a white page and nothing else.

They work perfectly in my other browsers, but I like Safari better. Anyone know why this is happening to me? My only add-ons are Inquisitor and Safari Stand.

2. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Maybe it's possible, but I doubt you'd reach that limit with 10 or 15.
    And before you reached any type of limit you'd probably notice a significant slowdown first.

Also, if you're having a problem loading a site, check that site out with Firefox, Camino, or another browser just to make sure that the problem is Safari and not the site.

If you conclude that Safari is the problem, go to the Safari menu --> Report Bugs to Apple.

You could also try uninstalling the addons if you're having problems.

3. timsutcliffe macrumors 6502

Very annoying

I'm finding Safari very annoying at the moment. I have the same trouble clicking on links in gmail, sometimes they work, sometimes they give up. If i view my emails in HTML, that allows me to click on them.

Just to be able to see would be nice at the moment, gmail won't even load for some reason. Facebook isn't working properly either, i can't edit my status, or confirm friend requests, or use the arrow keys to navigate through photos.

I've been doing a lot of 'report bugs to apple'. I hope they're getting through.

4. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Did you try deleting preferences (in your user folder -> Library -> preferences) and uninstalling the addons yet?