Safari Lion Downloads

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Chansey, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Chansey macrumors member

Is there a way to get the regular window back? I don't like the ipadish pop-up thing.

2. johnmacward macrumors regular

johnmacward

I hate to come into someone else's post and say "I like that feature, what are you talking about" but, I do find it quite nice.

What I don't like about it is when you do download something, the action to show the download jumping into the queue often doesn't happen anymore and you have to check the button to see if anything began.

3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

The best alternate I have found is to place the downloads folder in your dock, this bounces when a new items is there and its at the top of the list

I dont mind the new drop down, but it needs to be customisable, mainly to make it wider

I download things with large file names, and this new drop down cuts out the middle of long file names to display in the small space, so I have lots of downloads with the same looking name

4. johnmacward macrumors regular

johnmacward

It should probably auto-stretch to the size of the content.

5. scottperezfox macrumors newbie

scottperezfox

I also miss the old-style Downloads window as a window. However my reasons is more functional than aesthetic.

I got very used to downloading media files by URL through that window. It was a great trick to simply paste the URL and it would begin a download. I can't seem to do that now.

So my question is, how can I download a media file in Safari? I don't want it to play in the browser, I want it to download. Any help?

6. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Right click - Download Linked File?