Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
As the title says if I search google for example I get a YouTube redirection I guess you could say and it redirects from Google to YouTube and then eventually shows google results but this process tends to extend to over a minute...

This started when I chose to log out of Google on this phone as I was keeping signed in on several devices...

Does this happen to you guys??

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
As the title says if I search google for example I get a YouTube redirection I guess you could say and it redirects from Google to YouTube and then eventually shows google results but this process tends to extend to over a minute...

This started when I chose to log out of Google on this phone as I was keeping signed in on several devices...

That's funny. That happened to me 2 days ago on my mom's Mac book. I searched for something in the address bar and it took me to YouTube.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA

Just twice.

Yet that said I am positively baffled at how substandard Safari has become.

iOS 8 is finally pretty decent on my iP6 but Safari is horribly erratic. It takes much longer than Chrome, Opera, or Dolphin loading web pages, I prefer anything but Safari. But I'd rather not. Especially since it's the only one that can be my default browser.

Hello Apple? Anybody Care?

nightstalkerz

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2013

This is a Google side thing and you can't do anything about it.

Since Google and YouTube are on separate domains, they can't share cookies so that's why the redirect happens.

Also happens on the desktop for over a year now in case you think it's only a safari issue.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Clear your cache within settings. That might fix it, might not.

Did for about half a day lol

This is a Google side thing and you can't do anything about it.

Since Google and YouTube are on separate domains, they can't share cookies so that's why the redirect happens.

Also happens on the desktop for over a year now in case you think it's only a safari issue.

Well that's shocking.... A quick google search takes longer now....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.