Safari locked on 32g Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PaulaO, Nov 11, 2009.

1. PaulaO macrumors newbie

I was playing World of Warcraft on my laptop and using my Touch to look up an item on Wowhead.com via Safari. The page was taking a long time to load so I put it aside and went on playing. Later, I picked it back up, turned it on, and the page was still trying to load. At this point, I wanted to look up something else so I tapped the search space within Wowhead. Nothing happened. Tried several times, nothing.

I tapped the bookmark icon figuring I'd just reclick the Wowhead link and start over. But I can't make anything work. Not even tapping the "done" button will close the window. It is now stuck on the bookmark main page.

Everything else on the device is working fine. I just checked the mail and Edge. Both use the wireless internet and both work.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Reboot your Touch by holding the home and sleep button until it turns off.

3. RabbidAssassin macrumors member

RabbidAssassin

iTouch stuck

Rebooting will more than likely work. If not just sync your iTouch to your system and restore from the last backup. If you have never backed up... Then yeah thats not good.... Other then that I would call Apple Support.... But I don't think it will get to that....:apple::apple::apple:

4. PaulaO thread starter macrumors newbie

That worked. Didn't know a reboot was so simple. Cool.

And yeah, I do backups. Scary even thinking about not having one.

Much thanks for the easy fix.

5. copykris Suspended

copykris

6. PaulaO thread starter macrumors newbie

I couldn't figure out a way to fix it because, duh, the Touch user manual is viewable via Safari. I now have downloaded it to my laptop.

7. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

Hate to resurrect an old post, but I had the same problem today and had no idea how to get out of it. Thanks!

8. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I'm sorry; I should have been more clear. I did follow the earlier posts and it worked fine. That's why I resurected the thread to say "Thanks!" and thought other users may be unaware of how to reboot their touch. :)