Safari Locked Up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mad Max24, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Mad Max24 macrumors member

I went to access Safari today and it was locked up. I cant access my bookmarks, nothing! I called apple, and they tried all the resets and a total restore and still no good. I have an appointment at Apple on 1/2, hopefully I get a new iPhone not a refurbished one. The phone tech said there's nothing else he can do. The iPhone is only 3 weeks old, and is a stock 1.1.2 :mad:

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

3. Mad Max24 thread starter macrumors member

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

maybe use the battery until it completely dies and then recharge it to see if anything happens?

5. Mad Max24 thread starter macrumors member

6. Mad Max24 thread starter macrumors member

well I let the battery run all the way down and recharged, still no Safari. So I was still trying all the resets and did a total iTunes restore again, nothing! So I was about to give up and go to the Apple store and get a new phone, when I tried one last thing. I went to an e-mail and accessed a web address through a unsubcribe Link, and it worked! Safari loaded the page & is running again!

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

8. larsbrian macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Have the same problem. Tried the e-mail link thing and it does launch a new web page and appear to work--but still can't navigate/close/ do anything really from safari--touchscreen works fine everywhere else.

(Edit) Found the answer--in this case at least. Hold sleep and home button at the same time. This causes a reset. When I powered phone back on (using sleep button) all the open pages were closed and safari was back to normal.

9. flipjack macrumors newbie

safari locked up on 3gs

THanks for posting the solustion..I was having the same problem on a 3gs and the reset did the trick

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Bravo! Way to search! High Five!

11. ArcticMan55 macrumors newbie

Thank You for the Solution!

Had the identical problem and your solution of holding down the sleep and home button at the same time worked! Thanks for sharing!

12. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

dude why are u answering this thread now? this is over 3 years old....lol