Safari Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacAddict5879, Apr 24, 2008.

1. MacAddict5879 macrumors newbie

I'm working on a MacBook Pro with Leopard and I'm trying to set up Mail. Specifically, I want to import about 500 email addresses I have in a spreadsheet, but for the life of me I can't make it work. After successfully importing from a text file directly into Address Book, I can't figure out to automatically change all of the addresses from "Do Not Import" to something else. And even in my trial run of 3 addresses, when I change them manually and click "Ok," they don't show up in the address book.

Can someone step me through this process or tell me where I'm going wrong? It's quite frustrating.

Thanks.

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'd like to help you but I'm afraid, I don't understand what your situation is. Do you already have imported your contacts into Address Book or not?

Also, the title - "Safari Mail" is misleading, but maybe it's because of a misunderstanding.

Please clarify what your situation is.

/Rupert

3. MacAddict5879 thread starter macrumors newbie

No problem. I am trying to configure the "Mail" program on my Macbook Pro (using Leopard OS). After setting it up for my mail account, I now want to import about 500 email addresses into the address book from a csv/spreadsheet file, so that I can easily send out one email to all of these addresses.

As for some background, I work for a company that wants to start sending informational emails to clients, and I am trying to set something simple up that will work for that purpose.

Anyway, what I've tried to do is just open the program "Address Book" directly, go to File-->Import-->Text File, which gives me the prompt for the text file/csv file itself. After selecting it, I see all of the email names with "Do Not Import" next to each one...the Do Not Import is a selection on a drop down menu, where I can import each address as "Work", "Home," etc...

But I don't want to set them up as "work" or "home," just as different emails for different people. Also, when I do this and click "ok," I can't see where it stored the email addresses because I can't access them when I want to send a new email.

Does this make sense?
    Thanks!