Safari malfunction on my 3rd Gen Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by galgould, Aug 5, 2010.

1. galgould macrumors newbie

Hey guys, did a quick search on here and couldn't find my exact problem, so hopefully one of you guys can help me out. When I go to use Safari on my 3rd generation iPod touch, it is frozen on the bookmarks page. I can't click 'Done', or forward/back. I can't click the little button to go to one of my other open pages. Basically once I open Safari, I can't do anything except click the physical Home button on the iPod. Help please :]

Oh and this iPod is only about 5 weeks old. I got it with the student discount when I purchased my first MBP at the end of June. Thanks for replies!

2. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Settings -> Safari and clear all the cookies, history, etc.

3. galgould thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried clearing History, Cookies, and Cache. Still stuck on bookmarks page :/ Also it does that circular motion loading thing next to the Wi-fi symbol at the top while its on the bookmark page, but theres nothing to load..

4. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Reboot the iPod, if that won't work, go to the WiFi settings and renew the lease on the current network. If none of that works, restore it.

5. galgould thread starter macrumors newbie

This is going to sound stupid, but how do you reboot an iPod without simply letting the battery wear down to 0. I didn't know this was possible. :confused:

6. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Hold down the sleep button until it says "Slide to power off"

You can't do that on other iPods, but you can on the iPod touch because it runs iOS.

7. galgould thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'll be damned. Learn something new everyday! Rebooting the iPod did in-fact work. Thank you very much, 0dev!