Safari missing plug-ins

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Slevin, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Slevin macrumors regular

I've had this issue for awhile but it's really starting to bug me. Ever since I deleted flash from my system youtube has consistently told me that I'm missing a plugin whenever I attempt to view an embedded video on a different site or on the main site. So I'd have to fire up chrome and watch the video there. I'd prefer not to reinstall flash so is there a solution that anyone knows about?

2. RabidMacFan macrumors regular

Some Youtube videos are only presented in Flash. If you want to watch the video, you either need to install flash, or use a browser like Chrome that has flash built in.

If you don't install flash or use a browser with flash built in, then you can't watch Flash videos.

3. Slevin thread starter macrumors regular

It's not just some, it's all videos that I attempt to watch that use flash

4. RabidMacFan macrumors regular

Then it makes sense that you can't watch them.

5. Slevin thread starter macrumors regular

But then is should allow the video to play in HTML5

6. Autistic Behaviour macrumors member

Autistic Behaviour

I use the extension clicktoflash, so, whenever a HTML5 video is available, thats what safari uses. All the youtube videos I've tried play in HTML5. I do have flash installed (for other sites), but I believe you should be able to watch any youtube video in HTML5. You could right click on a video in youtube and check the settings, maybe....