Safari more stable with 2.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kinkster, Dec 25, 2008.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Now that we've had this update for a while I'm wondering if most of the stability problems with safari have been smoothed out?

Over the summer I used my iPhone to browse the web for about 2 hours per day, and it crashed probably on average every 45 minutes.

So, anyone noticed an improvement? I would see for myself, but i had to downgrade to 2.0.2 to get my PAYG sim working.

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

3. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Seems to be snappier.

:D

Edit: But to the OP, I can't really comment accurately on it. Safari has never crashed on me, ever, so I don't know whether there are less now.

4. jgunn macrumors regular

Yeah it's much better, mine was crashing every 15 mins or so, it still crashes but not as often.

5. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I feel like it crashes less, but certainly still occurs more often than it should. :(

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The iPhone has come along way since 1.0. Ask any iPhone owner that bought one back in June of 2007.

To this day, I haven't had a site crash on my iPhone.

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Hasn't crashed my Safari since the 2.2 firmware update so I think they really made it more stable, considering I only open up to 3 pages max.

8. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

I got my first generation iPhone back when 1.0.2 was the current firmware. Safari was a revelation after browsing on previous phones but it used to quit to the home screen all too frequently. You could only run it properly with one page open and that wasn't very reliable.

Now with firmware 2.2 Safari is rock solid for me!! :cool: Some friends of mine run it with no problems and 5+ pages open.

9. svndmvn Guest

still not stable on mine, crashes once in a while,depending on how often I restart the Phone or empty cookies/cache, and on the sites/forums..just as much as with 2.1, plus now safari has a weird bug that sometimes randomly doesn't maximize some or all keys that are pressed.

10. infosprt macrumors regular

Possibly you have the Javascript turned off. Browse www.wsj.com for 10 minutes or so and you will most likely see your first crash (make sure Javascript is turned on).

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Nope, still not stable for me. Actually crashes more often than it used to. And I'm still using the same websites that I was using back in mid-2007, when oddly enough, I never had a crash.

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It's all on.

13. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Safari definitely seems snappier, along with the rest of the OS.

Just for the heck of it I would always try to download flash player.
    That ended up with my whole iPod and freezing for ten minutes crashing then restarting.
    Now instead of it freaking out Safari either crashes or it sometimes just says "Safari can't download this file."