Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuillaumeB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Just behind you
Hi,

There is one thing that prevents me from switching to Safari: Mouse gesturing. I so used to the All-in-One Mouse gesture Firefox Extension I find it hard each time I try to switch to Safari.

Is there such an add on?

thank you

Vinnie_vw

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2005
the Netherlands
Yes there is! Install Quicksilver and do a search for mouse-gesturing in their forums. Together with applescripts, which mimick stuff like :apple: + [ (back) and :apple: + ] (forward), and whatever else you can imagine, you can enable gestures in ANY application in OS X!

Good luck!
Vincent

invasian

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Houston
this is my biggest gripe about safari...why does it not have mouse gestures...in this day and age, that just seems so ridiculous to me.

i'll take a look at the quicksilver alternative, although it seems so convoluted

GuillaumeB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Just behind you
I'll take a look at that, meanwhile i have found a paid app called Cocoa Suite

edit: ok well now I need to figure out how apple scripts work... Anyone done such a script?

angusslo

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
are there any safari mouse gestures out now?
cocoa gestures are not free so I'm not interested in that.

angusslo

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2009
no, i meant using with mouse. or will I just have to buy magic mouse (at home, I keep MBP in clamshell mode) I now have Logitech M505 and I'm very satisfied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.