Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
Hi again- new to the iPad and was wondering if it is possible to switch the safari navigation bar to the bottom instead of the top?

It would make a cool option if you cant in the future.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Try some other browsers like iCab or Atomic. You can configure it to have the back/forward/refresh button on the bottom.

ani23

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Since we are on the topic does anyone know why the page doesn't scroll up when we click the nav bar like on the iPhone? Can this be enabled?

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
Try some other browsers like iCab or Atomic. You can configure it to have the back/forward/refresh button on the bottom.

Is it only me to want the option to have it at the bottom?

After years of the iphone it makes more sense at the bottom than top especially when I tend to hold the ipad towards the bottom. Instead of reaching in with my thumb for back, I need to reposition my hands up the screen to click back or bookmarks.

I'll check out those other browsers but I guess it is just something I'll get use to.

ani23

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
I have 4.3.1 and it scrolls up as well. Click above the address bar.

Ok that was it. I was clicking in the address bar instead of the top. In the iPhone since the address bar isn't visible I connected clicking in the bar to scrolling up. :D

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
I would like the ability to move it as well or at least the back button. I know this sounds lazy but having to reach up for it when laying in bed is a pain if you are constantly changing websites.

MasonH

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2011
Hi again- new to the iPad and was wondering if it is possible to switch the safari navigation bar to the bottom instead of the top?

It would make a cool option if you cant in the future.

There is a free browser for iPad called iLunascape that has the tab interface (and hopefully the address window also) built on the bottom. Since it is built on Safari's guts it's just as quick so maybe that will work for you.

I've been using Mercury lately as it has the same long feature list as Atomic or Perfect browser but has something I missed on the other browsers... AD BLOCKING!! Ahhhh. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.