Safari Needs Terminal Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Omne666, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Omne666 macrumors 6502a

LOL

Ok, I know a lot of you dont like Safari, and the headline made me chuckle. :D

But I need assistance!

A couple of months ago I used a terminal command to make safari look like Safari on Windows on the web. Worked fine.
    Then I learned about the Develop menu option and enabled that. Worked Better.

However, every time I start safari, its still starting in IE mode, and now I need it to stop...cause its Sh#tting me!!!!

I cant recall the terminal command I used, but can some one tell me either what command to type in to undo what I did, or, tell me which file to delete to get rid of the damage I did!!!:eek:

2. Omne666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I've taken a screen capture of the issue....everytime I start up safari (on OS x ML), this is what its set to. Changing it here only changes it for that one particular tab.

As you can see also...its pretending to be Safari on Windows, not IE, as I mentioned earlier. Apologies for that.

The three links above are only using this menu, not actually changing the default of when Safari starts.

Attached Files:

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

• Quit Safari.
    • Go to ~/Library/Preferences
    • Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop.
    • Relaunch Safari. If that helped, move the.plist file to the Trash. If not, move it back to the Preferences folder.

4. Omne666 thread starter macrumors 6502a