Safari Non-Stop Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shortsord, May 7, 2008.

1. Shortsord macrumors member

My Safari won't stay open at all. I click it in my dock, my default apple homepage pops up, and it crashes immediately. Reopen and it repeats.

I'm using OSX.4.11, and the newest Safari update of 3.1.1. It happened for the first time randomly two days ago, I figured I was just just running to many things. I shut down everything, installed the newest update on safari, and rebooted. Next day it continues.

The only plugin or anything I use is saft, which I had updated to the latest version. I figured it could be the cause and uninstalled it. Same problem. Trashed the cache and preferences of safari, rebooted, same problem. Repaired permissions and zapped PRAM, same problem. Safari just won't stay open long enough to do anything, it just crashes straight away.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? And more importantly, how I can fix this?

Thanks for any help.

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

The most helpful answer I can give you is to stop using Sa-s***-ty and start using the Greatest Browser in the World. You won't be sorry :) I can't be much help with the Safari problem specifically, though, sorry. This is better advice, anyways.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I'm afraid I can't help you either apart from the fact that since I upgraded to Safari 3.1.1 I've had no problems (famous last words!) It now flies and I prefer it to Firefox, Opera and Netscape.

Sounds to me that it could be saft. Have you tried removing Safari and then reinstalling?

4. MacAodh macrumors regular

I had huge problems with Saft too. used to make it crash every five minutes or so... very annoying

5. faerie0793 macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem

Did you find a solution?