Safari not directing me to set homepage

Connor1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Hi All

Since updating Adobe Flash Player, my safari had auto changed the homepage to a random search engine, which I didn't trust.

Following reading some advice, I deleted a "MacBook Protector" Extension under preferences and now when opening safari I get a completely blank page as a homepage. (Despite me having google set as my homepage in preferences multiple times)

Has anyone got any solution to how I can get safari to go back to recognising the safari homepage I have set?

Many thanks

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Core
Feb 20, 2009
First, I'd advise you to download the free MalwareBytes app and run it to see if you have contracted any adware or malware. Get it here:
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/
By the way, you DO NOT have to register this (even though it prompts you to do so). It will run FOREVER "in free mode".

After running MB, my advice re a "home page":
DON'T USE ONE.
When I open Safari (or any browser), I want to see "nothing but white" -- an empty, blank page.

Think of a painter, setting up for a brand new painting.
What does he place onto his easel?
A painting already completed, or...
... a blank canvas?

Connor1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Many thanks for your advice

I have done all of the above, and cleared all errors found after running Malwarebytes app.

Issue I have is that the homepage I have set in preferences is still not being directed to and I just get a blank page

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.