Safari Not Loading Certain Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ®îçhå®?, Aug 2, 2010.

1. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

So it's only happened over the past month or so but Safari doesn't want to load some websites. The BBC iPlayer and macrumors funnily enough don't like to load at all and just freeze out and was wondering if there is any way to try and correct it if anyone has any idea what is going on because i am clueless!

2. grapemac macrumors regular

I'm getting those too with other sites I frequent. I'm guessing it's since Safari 5 though I was hoping the recent update (5.0.1) would sort it out - it hasn't.

I've sent a few bug reports to Apple about it.

Although emptying the cache or resetting Safari entirely sometimes works, often I have to just leave the site for a while and come back later before it loads.

3. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

The BBC website in general has been a pile of rubbish on this computer. Any article with a video on it takes ages and ages to load. The page is fine but as it loads the preview, it slows everything down to a standstill which is infuriating!

4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

5. celticpride678

Go to: System Preferences>Network>Airport>Advanced>DNS and add the following two:

6. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I don't think it is. It isn't just one network that i have the issues with, it's the same no matter which network I'm on (that and I've changed them to no avail). Weirdly enough, updating Flip4Mac has improved the macrumors loading but BBC iplayer still refuses to load at all