Safari not loading fonts correctly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cms2, Aug 27, 2012.

1. cms2 macrumors 6502

cms2

Anyone else experiencing this? I have a rMBP running 10.8.1 with Safari 6.0. Occasionally I've noticed Safari not loading the correct fonts for certain websites. Reloading the page does not correct the behavior, but quitting Safari and then reopening the page loads the correct fonts. Not a big deal, just weird. See pics below. :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Diamond Dave macrumors member

I've had a different Safari-not-loading-fonts-correctly problem for years. I posted a question about it 10 months ago, but there were never any replies:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1266553

Your problem is obviously a different one, especially as you're running Mountain Lion & Safari 6 as opposed to myself with Tiger & Safari 4, but the problems may not be entirely unrelated, as there may be bits of code in Safari 6 (or its WebKit) that haven't changed since Safari 4, and it may be down to one or more bugs in that code. Who knows? I've certainly not got a clue, but I thought I'd mention my problem here just in case it helps someone to solve your one.

3. cms2 thread starter macrumors 6502

cms2

That's not encouraging! Sorry to hear no one got back to you on this. Luckily it's not a big problem when it happens, and it doesn't happen overly frequently; I'd say I see this once every other day or so.

Hopefully someone has some ideas now, or has at least experienced something similar.