Safari not loading...unending load

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Corsairkid, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Corsairkid macrumors member

Well when I first got my touch, the internet was fast and flawless. Now, it wont load most web pages. Google seems to work fine, but that is about it. Any normal website will start to load, then it will just keep loading, but never finish. I have a message on the top bar that says "loading" and the blue bar in the website box doesnt move. Will a hard reset fix this? I thought I read that somewhere. If so, how do I go about doing that?

2. Corsairkid thread starter macrumors member

sorry for the bump, but I did a few hard resets, and I am still having the problem. I know it is not my network b/c my wireless laptop works fine.

3. ds252 macrumors regular

Mine works perfect at home but i have the same problems when i find an open wireless connection away from home. I would really like to know the answer to this otherwise my touch is crippled on the road.

4. Corsairkid thread starter macrumors member

Yea this is very frustrating. I am using it at home and it won't work. I also noticed that this problem arose after I updated to 1.1.1. I hope there is some way to fix this. I realized that most simple sites such as google load no problem. Also, it seems that the sites I access through bookmarks load fine most of the time. It is when I type an address into the address bar that it messes up.

5. Germacintosh macrumors newbie

Mine has the same issue. Google etc. works fine and fast, but nothing else will open, neither will the itunes store or youtube. There should be more users having this problem, if it is a software-bug!:confused:

6. RyanG macrumors 6502

Same problem. Going to go see if I can exchange it at best buy this week.

7. Germacintosh macrumors newbie

I don't see how this could not be software-related and now that all of us use the 1.1.1 we should all have the issue, shouldn't we?

8. WallyG macrumors newbie

Mine opens fine but I can't click on ANY links in a webpage. It just magnifies, but no clicks. I just noticed that I cannot enter data into any fields also.

What's up? It worked when I first used it on google and digg, now nothing!

9. WallyG macrumors newbie

Nevermind?

nevermind...

I opened a second page and the links/fields worked find, so I closed the first page and everything works fine now.

Not sure what happened...

10. fpizzutill macrumors newbie

Everything loads except google.Comcast search loads well.

11. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I've never had any problem getting safari to open things no matter what connection m using. Weird. Glad ou didn't have to reformat.