Safari not loading videos via Quicktime

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EngageWithRage, Jan 30, 2012.

1. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

I recently Jailbroke my iPhone and all is well except I tried to install the Safari Download Manager and iFile and after doing so Safari no longer plains videos in Quicktime when i click on them, instead it downloads the file and give me the option to open it in iFile and nothing else happens, even when I clic on "Open in iFile). I tried uninstalling both applications but still get the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am using the iPhone 4s on iOS 5.0.1.

2. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

go the options and disable videos to download.

[​IMG]

4. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Thanks for the reply,

Which options because I scoured my phone trying to find a way to fix this. Is it under the norbal Settings > Safari> etc or is it somewhere in the SB Settings? Or are you talking about the settings in iFile.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Safari Download Manager's Settings,

GO to Settings > Scroll down pass all the App you got install and them you will see the Jailbreak app you got install, between those should be "Safari Download Manager" > go inside and change the "Media" files.

[​IMG]

6. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Gotcha, thanks alot!

7. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Meh, this didn't work because the Safari Download Manager is not in my Settings. I download the app (which was made by the creator) but I didn't know that you had to pay for it so it may have been out of date or not compatible with iOS 5.0.1. So I am still having the same issue with videos being download and being prompted to open in iFile but never open..and when I click on the option to play them in the mediaplayer i hear audio but the media player doesnt open. Is the new paid for app for Safari Download Manager compatible with the new iOs?

8. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Guess im ut of luck, really don't want to restore my phone after all the work I put in to it jailbreak wise. I will figure it out eventually.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Bumping threads is against this forum rules,

That add-on developer doesn't seen to be active anymore, so no new version for iOS5, and I haven't seen anything similar around. I would recommend iFile (it will allow you to open and download different files to your file system) and also would recommend using Atomic Web Browser which had a Download manager build in.

10. EngageWithRage thread starter macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Thanks, and I didn't know that, but now I do!