Safari Not Loading Web Videos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hanguolaohu, May 21, 2011.

1. hanguolaohu macrumors regular

For some reason, my Safari is not able to load various web videos from Yahoo Movies or the NYtimes. I can see the ad, but when the video should load I get a message that the video is currently unavailable. If I open the video in Firefox the video plays fine. I'm not sure what is wrong, but I'm wondering whether it's related to Adobe Flash or ClickToFlash.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I wasn't even sure whether I have Adobe Flash because it doesn't seem to be listed in the Applications folder.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

HL

My specs:

-Safari v5.0.5
    -Adobe Flash v10.2.152.33
    -ClickToFlash v2.2.5

2. Michaelgtrusa Suspended

Michaelgtrusa

3. hanguolaohu thread starter macrumors regular

Update but no cigar

Just updated to v10.3.181.14 following these directions:

-Uninstalled Flash
    -Reinstalled latest Adobe Flash Player v10.3.181.14
    -In Disk Utility, repaired disk permissions.

The video still shows as not available :confused:

4. Skald macrumors member

Skald

I have a similar problem with Firefox trying to watch YouTube videos on a site other than YouTube. I get an error message, but if I go to YouTube I can see the video.

Netflix won't let me watch streaming movies without Silverlight. I hesitated to install it (vague Microsoft annoyance), but did so when I saw it among the downloads on Apple's site.

Anyone not sure of whether they have Flash can right-click a video and select "open with," which shows available applications.