Safari not loading websites, until I click stop loading and reload it

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Striker-UMB, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Striker-UMB macrumors regular

EDIT* Problem SOLVED

I am Having some issues with Safari (I am using 4.0.5), if I open up a website the screen stays white like it normally does for a sec to load a web page but the loading icon keeps spinning and spinning and spinning....... until I click the "X" stop icon and reload the web page. As soon as I click the reload icon the webpage loads up instantly, it is getting really annoying and would be great if anyone has a fix. This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen frequently and then be fine for a few web pages and then start up again. If anyone has a fix, that would greatly be appreciated.

Things I have tried*

I have reset safari
    I have cleared cache, deleted history the whole nine yards
    I have put my default browser back to 4.0.4, but seems to still do it
    I have clicked open safari in 32 bit mode

2. Striker-UMB thread starter macrumors regular

*Edit, if I go to preferences and click default browser and click to default back to 4.0.4 it doesn't save my changes. As soon as I exit out of preferences and check it again, its back to 4.0.5. So maybe Safari 4.0.5 is the problem?

3. pricej636 macrumors 6502

I know this doesnt help your problem with safari, but I find Firefox to be a much more stable browser. I use it on all of my macs as well as my wife's PC laptop. Just food for thought.

4. Striker-UMB thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the reply. The problem is now resolved, it was just my internet I'm guessing because I haven't had that problem since the day I posted the thread. I guess my internet was just acting up that day.