iPhone Safari not opening links in new window after JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrwamck, Feb 17, 2013.

1. mrwamck macrumors member

Have a 4s running 6.1.1, jb with Evasi0n 1.3. Note: had same problem with 6.1 jb with Evasi0n also.

Seems that when I click on a link that opens in a tab or even window just blinks. Doesn't open anything anywhere.

Anyone seen this? Any solution?

All works fine with Mercury browser.

2. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

Oh, is that the situation it occurs, when the link is supposed to open in a new tab or window?

I had noticed the effect mostly on Google search results, where tapping a link would frequently have no effect. Holding down on the link and choosing Open or Open in Background works every time though.

I’m also using a 4S on 6.1.1, and also saw the issue on 6.1. A fix would be highly welcome.

3. mrwamck, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

mrwamck thread starter macrumors member

I also tried to hold down and open in either new tab or new window, but nothing.

Another thing is:

I have only 1 window and I click on New Page, I get the new page but I don't go to it. I just return
    to the first page. I can see that I have 2 pages but I can't get to the second. I've even tried 3 and 4 and
    so on pages but can't get to any of the others. I don't have any popup blockers.

I find it hard to believe that I'm the first to have this problem. Not statistically possible......

Is there anyway of telling ios that I want to use another browser as my default and not Safari?