iPad Pro Safari not optimising ram correctly?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sjleworthy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

ever since purchasing, i've noticed Safari on the Pro frequently doesn't load up sites into cache as smoothly as one would like. A lot of the time it does, and it runs websites silky smooth, but other times i scroll down and must wait for the page to load.

This is easily rectified by closing all background apps and re-loading safari again. All is now smooth and pre-loaded again. I presume this is a bad optimization issue. Not utilizing the large 4 gig of ram correctly.

It doesnt happen all the time. Maybe a 60/40% split towards the good? I'm sure its an issue that can be resolved in software updates as 4 gig of ram is surely enough to give constant smoothness whatever i have open in the background.

Anyone else notice websites not always preloading giving brief blank waits when browsing sometimes?

2. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

I have noticed this but just on certain sites, so I'm thinking this is on the websites end and not my IPP. Probably has something to do with all the ad stuff that's on most sites these days.

3. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

even ebay does it sometimes. A total shut down of background apps and a reload of safari fixes it. To me thats the ram issue not being managed and flushed correctly.

4. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

You can try checking your Safari extensions in preferences, temporarily enable/disable for whatever site you are having issues with, and see if that's the problem.

5. sjleworthy thread starter macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Can you remind me how this is done please?

6. jamesrick80 macrumors 68000

jamesrick80

Use another browser, I stated this on a
    previous thread that this happens with safari on any ios device only on ram intensive websites, check out uc browser or chrome browser if u don't want this to occur. You are more prone to see this issue on the iPad pro since the screen is larger and can fit more pics and graphics. It's a safari application coding and rendering issue and not your device.

7. fonemio macrumors newbie

fonemio

I love this device (and am so keen to have it as my daily driver over my rMP), but this issue is yet another example of Apple not properly prepping software before the launch. I'm a heavy browser from morning till evening (mostly for work) and the lack of smooth scrolling on sites is becoming an annoying issue.
    That said, I'm sure this will all be rectified soon. It has to, right? *Cradles iPad Pro*

8. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

I could be wrong but I think this has to do with all the tracking, ads, etc. since Apple began allowing the Ad Blockers. From my understanding not all websites agree to ad blocking and I think this is what causes some of the issues when using Safari.

9. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

Nah it really is just a memory issue.

I visit this forum where i usually have no problems, but when i enter a thread dedicated to posting tons of gifs and images, the issue comes up, and stays until i close down safari and reopen it.

10. WilliamG macrumors 604

I experience this on my iPhone 6s Plus and my iPad Pro. It's annoying on both. As stated, a force close of Safari solves it, but it's an issue that's been going on far too long.

11. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

The way that most content blockers work, the websites in question don't really have a say in whether or not the ads get blocked. Typically known ad service domains are blacklisted and then the content blocker can take extra steps to remove the "dead space" where the ad would have been shown. Websites can't stop that, though I have seen a lot of pop-ups lately lamenting my use of ad blocking software (I do, btw, whitelist sites that I visit frequently/want to support as long as their ads are done tastefully and don't detract from the content).